tapestry-beanvalidation

mem

tapestry-beanvalidation

mem
We'd like to use JSR-303 bean validation and mark invalid fields in the UI.
The Tapestry  beanvalidation module already does quite a good job but has a minor bug when it comes to embedded objects. The problem is that component parameters i.e. the TextField#value is only bound to the attribute itself but doesn't contain the full objectpath, so using a DTO like:

class TestDTO {
   @NotNull
   private String firstName;
   @Valid
   private EmbeddedObject embeddedObject;
}
class EmbeddedObject {
   @NotNull
   private String lastName;
}

Using the TestDTO on a page in the following way:
class MyPage{
   @Property
   private TestDTO testDTO;

   @Component(parameters = {"validate=testDTO"})
   private Form form;

   @Component(parameters = {"value=testDTO.firstName"})
   private TextField firstName;

   @Component(parameters = {"value=testDTO.embeddedObject.lastName"})
   private TextField embeddedField;
}

Submitting the form validates all the attributes correctly (also the embedded object validation error is listed in the t:errors component) but when it comes to BeanFieldValidator only lastName is on the Environment Stack in the BeanValidationContext. As TestDTO doesn't contain the property lastName and there's no objectpath available it doesn't traverse down the objects and can't assign the correct validation error.

Re: tapestry-beanvalidation

Igor Drobiazko
Please fill a JIRA issue.